Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New car smell

I know yesterday was boring , but it turned out to be helpful . . .

So Saturday, I got a new vehicle. My last car was a zippy and sporty sedan purchased so that Big Daddy, Colin and I could zip around the country in search of adventure. The week I picked it up our adventure arrived in the form of being pregnant with Toddler D. He was my 37th birthday surprise. Not a bad surprise. Not an unwanted surprise. Just a surprise. I would have purchased something that was easier to fit the large "I'm an older parent" car seat. Ha! I would have purchased something in which I could fit the large pregnant older parent.

I live a short block away from my small town's only car dealer. (My town is small, but we are number one in the country at selling business forms and hospital software and number one at selling Chevys in our region.) I like to shop at my local dealer. It went something like this:

Hello, Randy, it's ML. My lease is up.

Yup.

I'd like an all-wheel drive with a DVD player.

Okay. I see there's one in Shakopee. We could probably get
it on Saturday. You want heated seats and auto start, I assume.


Abso - stinkin - lutely.

Okay, talk to you later.


My car dealer knows me. There is no mess, no fuss at my car dealer. Saturday my AWD with DVD player arrived and we drove my old car the one block, picked up my new car and drove it back one block. It's perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you bring small-town dialogue to life. I can just hear the voice inflections. In fact, I've probably been to that dealership. :)

    We had a similar experience when we purchased our van this summer, because Troy knew someone who knew someone. They drove it up to our driveway so I could test it, and we bought it that afternoon. I'm not a shopper, especially when it comes to big ticket stuff like cars, so this was wonderful, and I share in your joy over a hassle-free car purchase!

    ReplyDelete