Monday, January 19, 2009

All Things are Possible

Yesterday Brent, Cyberspace, Tony and I were singing on our church music team. For whatever reason we had a song that just didn't get off the ground and we had to start over again. It was a bit traumatic for Big Daddy who has more musical talent in his pinkie fingernail than I have in my entire body, but over all it was pretty funny.

It reminded me (and him, too) of a time a few years ago when he and I were singing a hymn for special music. I gave a long speech (because Brent was picking the song on his 12 string guitar and had to put on a lot of picks. Note to self: Next time marry triangle player) about how great hymns are and how they are written on your heart and how people in Alzheimer units can't remember their own children, but they can remember the words to "Amazing Grace."

Well, I finished this speech and . . . nothing. Neither one of us could think how it started or how it went. Finally the congregation started singing for us.

Which, I guess, proved my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment