Monday, May 2, 2011

Writer's Block . . . huh . . . Monday

Blah, blah, blah . . .

* I want to write something about the death of Osama Bin Laden, but I'm not sure what to say.  Should the man who plotted to destroy thousands of Americans on our own soil be put to death?  Yeah.  I remember on the afternoon of 9/11 sitting on my couch praying through the Psalms about vengeance.  How dare he make me feel afraid in my own home?!  Today, he continues to put fresh faced young men and women of the United States military in harm's way, and how dare he?!  He had to be stopped.

But I can't bring myself to go dancing in the street.  There's too much sadness from 9/11 to today.  I just saw an interview with Chris Matthews.  He said something like, "I don't think we should mark the occasion by going to the bar.  We should go to church."

* In other news, it was my birthday on Saturday.  I had a nice day with my family, thank you for asking.

* In other, other news, yesterday was s'daughter Shelby's college graduation.  Of course, I am terribly biased, but honestly, how could we not be proud of this suma cum laude graduate?  Not only she is smart and hard working, she is a lovely and gracious young woman.  She an amazing older sister.  She is a good sport, self-confidant and beautiful.  Life is just waiting for her to come and grab it.  I can't wait to see what she does!

Here's a picture of her with her dad.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment