Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Poem for Tuesday

Ooooh!  I'm on the couch with a second cup of coffee watching the trial I spoke of yesterday.  Ooooh!  I cannot wait for the defense!  What's her defense going to be?! because she's guilty.

Here's a poem for Memorial Day this weekend.  This poem talks about being in a time of peace.  We have active troops overseas, so it's not strictly true, but I have to say this is one of my favorites so far from Poems Children Enjoy.

Day of Memories
Emma W. Little


This is a day of memories
Of loyal hearts and true,
   Of hearts that beat like ours today,
Of hearts that loved, of hearts that longed
   To live and sing, to work and play.


Now have come years of peace again,
Of lasting peace, we pray.
   Still may we honor in our songs
That loyal band who for our land
   Died, hoping still to right its wrongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment