Thursday, May 26, 2011

Passed!

Munch, munch, munch! "Follow the duct tape!! Who had the duct tape??!!  Who taped the gas can??!!"

Oh, hello.

I had to take a break from trial coverage today to take Preschooler D to preschool screening.  This is the law in the great state of Minnesota, and generally not a big deal.  They checked D's height, weight and ears and made sure he knew his name, etc.  I wasn't really worried about it . . . so much.

Preschool screening is where I finally had to admit that something with Colin was different from his peers.  He was able to do nearly everything the tester asked, but he did not speak.  He talked very little when he was D's age, and he did not respond consistently.  It was starting to worry me.  We were referred to preschool special education.  This was a good thing because we were able to get help for Colin early on -- but it was also a hard and painful time.  So I have to admit to you that when D sat down at the little table and answered question after question correctly in a loud clear voice, I breathed a sigh of relief to myself.

It's not that I wouldn't have been able to handle it again.  I would have.

But I am perfectly okay with not having to.

No comments:

Post a Comment