Monday, December 22, 2008

The caramely Chex Mix.

I really must send you over to Dinner at Cathy's for "my" caramel Chex Mix recipe. I've made it this weekend and . . . well . . . it can be Christmas now. If you need a little salty/sweet fix this is the stuff. As I say over there, I usually make it right after Thanksgiving, and it doesn't make it until Christmas. For whatever reason I waited this year. Oh, yes, now it can be Christmas.

Here is a photo for Sheri who said she would like to see more photos of the food:


Oops.

The problem is I don't know when to stop. It starts while I am licking the spoon while making the caramel. There is a point in this process when I say, "You must stop licking the spoon. You are going to scald your tongue off." But I just never listen to myself. Burnt tongue. Then when I am pouring it out of the bags onto the parchment paper I say to myself, "Do not pick this up now. You will burn your fingers and your tongue if there's anything left." I don't know what to tell you. It is worth the pain. Worth it!!

Once you start eating the caramely Chex Mix . . . well, if you start early in the day it may be the only thing you eat. I'm just saying. Be careful.

As a side note, our dear reader-friend Robyn asked me today if there really is a Cathy or if she is just my cooking persona. This would have been a brilliant idea and I am a little sorry I did not think of it, but -- no -- there really is a Cathy and without consulting her at all, I began a blog in her name. As we speak I am trying to convince her boys to secretly email a photo of her to post there.

I think I would have named my cooking persona something French -- Celeste, perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. sounds heavenly - yes, indeed - quite heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! But...I still need photos of the food I'm s'posed to make! That chex mix sounds fantastic. I may give it a shot - scary, I know!
    Sheri S. (I need to figure out how to post a comment that's not anonymous)

    ReplyDelete