Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Poem for Tuesday on Wednesday

Argh.  I am now on penicillin for sinus infection.  So far, I don't feel better.  I am tired and filled with snot.  I look awful.  And it's so much worse, but because I love you, that's all I will say.  Let's enjoy a cheerful poem about St. Patrick's Day.

Erin's Isle
Beulah Sisson


There's a charmin' bit o' country
That is known as Erin's Isle,
Where merry winds make music
And the fairies dance the while.


'Tis the land of the shillalah,
Of the shamrock and hilleen,
And boys and girls show loyalty
A-wearing of the green.


Sure, "The Wearing of the Green" is sung,
Wherever there is found
A loyal son of Erin's Isle
The whole wide world around;


So although 'tis not our county,
We'll join with theirs our lay,
And sing "The Wearing of the Green"
On good St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better and the penicillin is working!

    ReplyDelete