Monday, March 21, 2011

Everyone is sick.

On the plus side, I think I might be recovering.  You can see how optimistic I am being here.  Allergy season is getting underway, and it's making my newly healing sinuses confused.

The positive side of allergy season is that the snow is melting.  Spring is on the way.  AND as a bonus to that, my basement is still dry which really is a bonus because -- thank you for not asking -- I have not been doing the cleaning I swore up and down I was going to get done.

On the negative side here at home, everyone else is sick.  From Big Daddy down to D, we are going through a lot of Kleenex and a lot of cough syrup.  Hacking, sneezing, lack of sleep.  It's ugly.

I managed to wrestle D down for a badly needed nap this morning.  Preschooler Parents, do you know what I am talking about?  He needed to sleep, but just would not let go.  I medicated him.  I read to him. Wiggle, wiggle, cough, cough, cough.  I ended up sort of laying on him to get him to stop long enough to fall asleep.

They don't put that sort of stuff in parenting books.

No comments:

Post a Comment