Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Son Rises

Not that son (although He did too).  My son.  May I just brag on my child for a moment?  Good.  We can take turns bragging about our children.  I will start.

So we forced Colin to join the track team this spring, not sure if it would be too much for him or not.  It was an experiment, and to be honest, we were sort of expecting to fail.

Here he is with Shelby.  Colin has his eyes closed, but it is such a rarity that Shelby has her eyes open, that we have to look at this one.


I will be darned if that kid didn't run (sort of against his will), keep up his grades, keep up his music and have a cheerful and cooperative attitude most of the time.

Here he is with Jeremy:


We had a couple of ugly mornings when he had track practice, Awana and then 7 am jazz band rehearsal, but he did it AND kept up with Awana as well.  Here he is with his upside down award.


I remember bawling my eyes out 9 years ago this summer, wondering what he would be able to do.

I ask you, what can't this kid do?

Mmmmmmm, put his dishes in the dishwasher for one, put his folded clothes away for another. . .

1 comment: