Saturday, May 5, 2012

‎2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the good fight.  I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.
(Shout out to Cousin Josh for the theme of today's blog.)  


Friends and loved ones, I finished that race and I ran the whole way -- except for the part where I had to stop and tie my shoe.  I should have had pants on.  I should have checked my laces.  I should have . . . who cares?!!  I did it!




Here I am with Rita, my photographer and the sweetest BFF a girl could have.  I was getting cold and discouraged out at the starting line waiting for it start -- when along came Rita with a coat and a prayer.  Just what I needed.




Don't I look serious??  It was my goal not to look like I was in pain.  I am nearing the finish line in this shot.  I run with an app that tracks me via GPS.  Brent sent me messages along the way and the app read them to me.  How great was that? Say it with me in your best computer monotone, "Doing great, baby. Run your own race."




There I am crossing the finish line ahead of several girls who are obviously younger than I am.  (HA!)  I was so glad to see my cheering squad:  Big Daddy and the boys, Sue and Les, my parents, Rita and Gregg, and Coach Sam . . .



Isn't he cute in a completely platonic-brother-in-Christ way?  Wouldn't you run 3.1 miles?


Do you remember my rather blue entry from Wednesday or so?  Where I said I hoped that my zit would be cleared and Gigi would be at the finish line with my birthday card?  Well, thank you Photoshop, we will never remember that zit.  And after I finished my shower and came downstairs for a coffee, the doorbell rang.

It was Gigi.

Thank you all, blog reader-friends, for praying for me and cheering for me.  What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment