Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Round Up Envelope

The kindergarten round up papers came the other day.  I just sat and stared at the envelope for a while.  I don't want to go down like this.  I don't want to be the crying mommy.  It is my job as a parent to prepare my child for each step in his journey.  It is my job to hold his hand until he can walk on his own.  Then, it is my job to walk behind him until there is no danger of falling.  It is my ultimate responsibility to create a responsible, independent adult.

Right?

It's because I am doing my job well, that he is going to be totally ready to go to kindergarten in the fall.

Right?



If we're going to get from the little one on the right to his neighbor, to the one on the left, and finally the one in the middle . . . well . . . we can't have meltdowns over filling out the round up papers.

Just fill them out and get over it.

Right?

Pass me a Kleenex.  I am going to be totally ready when the time comes.  This happened with Colin too.  I freaked out until the day actually came to take him to kindergarten and then I was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment