Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rethinking Kindergarten

Kindergarten Round Up was yesterday.  I didn't cry, but I may have to rethink this whole thing because, clearly, it was traumatic for D as seen here:


Can't you see the terror and fright in his face as he proudly displays the button which says he is a future Laker?

No?

Okay . . . you're right.  He LOVED it.  He can't wait.  He wants to know why it is so far away.   He insists he is going to ride the bus.  I wouldn't let Colin ride the bus until he was in third grade.

But Colin is a different kid and I am an (ahem) older mother now.

It's better this way.  How awful would I feel if he wasn't excited?

TGRJ:  Cross training day.  Also got on scale which was a huge miscalculation on my part . . . and the scale's.

1 comment:

  1. I can almost see the terror and fright on his face. Alas, it's hidden behind all that rampant joy.


    PS. Ignore the scale. It is the en-e-my.

    ReplyDelete