Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Phone

I have a very fancy schmancy new phone. I'm not entirely sure I am deserving of this advanced wave of technology, but it's very exciting. I already have found several useful apps (whoo! look at me usin' the lingo!) including a grocery list and a game that simulates a phone, so that when Preschooler D get a hold of my new phone he thinks he's using it, but he's really not. Tricky, huh?

Okay, but one of the things that concerns me about the new fancy schmancy phone is that all members of the family will now be keeping their calenders on the fancy schmancy new phones. I know. This is a blessing not a curse, right? Wrong . . . well, sort of. I know once I get used to it, I will love it. Hooray! I know where Big Daddy Brent is! Hooray! A little chime goes off to remind me it's time to go to play group with all the little sister-mommies!

But there's no writing involved in this calender. If you are a paper and pencil kind of person, you know what I am talking about. If you're not, you probably quit reading when I referred to my new phone as "fancy schmancy." I like to write things down and cross them off. There is no writing and no crossing on the electronic calender. I have tried several versions over the years to humor my husband, and the success has been limited at best.

Maybe I could just hold a pencil over the FS phone and pretend to cross things off. I know I can make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment