Thursday, April 8, 2010

Honest Scrap: ML Style

My sister Cyberspace Sarah has given me this little award and now I am to tell you seven things you may not have known about me. (Happy Birthday to Cyberspace, by the way.)

I feel I tell you so many things you may or may not to know, but here we go:

1. I am a gum chewer. I used to be Trident Original, but I have recently switched to Orbit Sweet Mint.

2. The Proverbs 31:15 Lenten experiment in which I was going to get up "while it was still dark" was a complete and utter failure. I think it happened once and I was so tired I hardly made it through the day . . . but I think you knew that in your heart of hearts, didn't you?

3. I am a Wycliffe Bible Translation prayer partner and I cry every time I get going and think about people learning that Jesus loves them in their own language.

4. I enjoy a glass of Riesling, and, no, I don't find it "insipid" as one waiter recently put it. I also like a glass of White Zin which I know makes real wine connoisseurs shudder with grief.

5. In 22 days I will be 41. Good. There. I've said it. I'm finding it to be a lot less glamorous and exciting to turn 41 than last year when I was 40.

6. Even though we have "A Poem for Tuesday," I have sort of a love/hate relationship with poetry. What I like, I really like and what I don't I find . . . well, insipid. There it is again.

7. I am currently writing a blues song entitled, "Why Aren't I on Vacation?" I have looked deeply into my own feeling for the material here.

No comments:

Post a Comment