Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Angel Choir

I should not have started a list of beloved readers yesterday without including Roxane and Margaret. They're both cute, Catholic and from North Dakota. Amazing coincidence? I don't know. And, of course, Patty. (Yo, Patty!! Start blowing up the floaties!!)

Friends and loved ones, is the air a little sweeter this morning? Is the sky a little bluer? Your coffee a little richer? It is, naturally, because s'on Jeremy's girlfriend whom we know as "Cute as a Button" has returned to the state from her two week vacation with her family. Perhaps you heard the angel choir when she crossed the border. I think the were singing "Tara's Theme" from Gone with the Wind. I don't know what to tell you. I just report what I hear.

This means that at the crack of the dawn Jeremy was up and at 'em, ready to zoom over to Cute's home town.

And I am breathing a little sigh of relief.

I am not cold. I am not heartless. I was 23 once . . . 17 years ago. Somewhere in the dusty recess of my mind I remember what it's like being separated from the beloved. True, right now I'd give anything for a whole day alone, but that's not the point. My point is -- and now I say this in love -- Jeremy's been a useless load. He has been unable to function. He has been a walking zombie. We have all been counting the minutes to her return spouting out platitudes like, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" and "What a great opportunity for you to get together with guy friends" and "When do they think they'll be back?!?"

I am teasing a little. It's just great to see Jeremy so . . . argh, dare I say in love (cough, cough, cough), but I'm glad she's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment