Monday, June 6, 2011

I couldn't so I didn't

DAY 11: (Sound of treadmill whirring) Open the cans! Open the cans! (thump, thump, thump)The jury wants to smell the odor analysis. (pant, pant, pant) How else are they going to determine if the smell of garbage is different from the smell of decomposing body?!


I had trouble signing in last week, (I still am) so I wasn't able to tell you not to look for me because we were going out of town. It's probably better security-wise. Normally I tell you to go ahead and steal my non-HD TV, but as you know I have a very elaborate system set up right now to watch trial coverage.

We went to the Wisconsin Dells which is about a five hour drive from where we live. It was a promised reward trip for Colin for sticking out Awana for nine years and getting his Timothy award. He'd been looking forward to it all year.

As you may or may not know, The Dells are "America's Waterpark Capital." There's a water park in every hotel and around every corner. It was supposed to be nice one day and rainy the next, so we spent just a couple of hours at the indoor water park and then went to do our outdoor activities. We rode on the duck boats. We went minigolfing.  We had a great day.

It was a good thing we had such a fun day, too because around midnight Colin started throwing up. Aw!  I know.  It was so sad. 24 hours of stomach upset.  Brent and I took turns taking Daniel around the Dells while Colin watched every movie the hotel had. So very sad.  I have to say, though, that Colin took it really well, and he has been promised a make up day of some sort. 

Brent and I agreed, as well, that even though we felt really awful for Colin, it was relaxing to just sit around with him and do nothing. I'm not sure if that's a reflection of how good we are at being optimistic, or how stressed out we are that sitting in a hotel room with a sick kid seems restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment