Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Poem for Wednesday

Before we get to the poem, I had a good laugh after writing yesterday's post. I put on three sweaters this morning before I found one that didn't have chocolate stuck on the cuff.

I know I usually have "A Poem for Tuesday," but we didn't and now it's Wednesday. You can get past this.

Today's poem is not from Grandma Malmberg's scrapbooks. Colin has to memorize a poem every week for his classroom teacher, and I just love this week's.

Rhinos Purple, Hippos Green

My sister says
I shouldn’t color
Rhinos purple,
Hippos green.
She says
I shouldn’t be so stupid;
Those are things
She’s never seen.
But I don’t care
What my sister says,
I don’t care
What my sister’s seen.
I will color
What I want to-
Rhinos purple,
Hippos green

By Michael Patrick Hearn

No comments:

Post a Comment