Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Poem for Tuesday

Enjoy this poem that Colin is memorizing for Mrs. Clare this week as you gaze at the photo
I have just taken out my back door.



Wearing of the Green
Aileen Fisher

It ought to come in April,
or, better yet, in May
when everything is green as green-
I mean St. Patrick's Day.

With still a week of winter
this wearing of the green
seems rather out of season -
it's rushing things, I mean.

But maybe March is better
when all is done and said:
St. Patrick brings a promise,
a four-leaf-clover promise,
a green-all-over promise
of springtime just ahead!

1 comment:

  1. What a great, if not bittersweet, poem! I shall have my children learn it, too.

    [I don't need to tell you this, I know, but yesterday it was 40 degrees. This morning, it's down to zero. Email me about that coffee date.]

    ReplyDelete