Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Poem for Tuesday

You may be glad to know that I did NOT shave my head, but my hair is an inch shorter.

Today's poem is another from Mrs. Clare's room. It really hits the spot this week, and Colin puts a lot of energy into the reciting of it!

Goodbye My Winter Suit
N. M. Bodecker

Goodbye my winter suit,
Goodbye my hat and boot,
Goodbye my ear-protecting muffs
And storms that hail and hoot.

Farewell to snow and sleet,
Farewell to Cream of Wheat,
Farewell to ice-removing salt
And slush around my feet.

Right on! to daffodils,
Right on! to whippoorwills,
Right on! to chirp-producing eggs
And baby birds and quills.

The day is on the wing,
The kite is on the string,
The sun is where the sun should be -
It's spring all right! It's spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment