Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting an Eyepatch

Preschooler D and I played a lot of Wii Lego Pirates of the Caribbean while he has not feeling well.  A lot.  We finished the regular game.  Now we have to go back and tackle the bonus features.  I've had a really good time playing Wii Lego Pirates, and to be honest (because I always am with you),  I let him play more than a preschooler probably should.  I may have encouraged it.  There was something just so satisfying about flinging my cartoon sword around and -- well -- hanging out with D.

Kindergarten round up is next month.  I have a very sneaky suspicion that I am going to be what one local kindergarten teacher labeled "the Criers."  She said the number one goal of a kindergarten teacher was to get the Criers out of the room so their children wouldn't also freak out.

Do you think that will be me, or do you think I will have pulled it together by that time?

I was having a small mid-life crises when I found out I was pregnant with D.  I didn't know what to do with myself.  My career in weekly newspapers had come to an end and I didn't know what I was going to do with myself.  Since then I have discovered I make a pretty good career Stay-At-Home Mom.  I see no reason for me to change careers at this point, but it will be an adjustment.

Am I writing about this every other day now?  I feel like I have said most of this before.  It probably won't be the last time.  You have my permission to skip these days in the future.  I don't think I am done obsessing about it. I'll try to remember to label them "More Working Through Kindergarten Issues."

No comments:

Post a Comment