Thursday, February 9, 2012

End of the Day

Do you get to the end of the day and say to yourself, "Another great day where I accomplished everything on my to-do list!  I can't wait to start with a fresh brand new to-do list tomorrow!"

No, that's not me at all.  I pass a small patch of debris in the upstairs hallway that the work guys left that needs a little vacuuming.  It's such a tiny spot.  It would take two seconds, yet when it's out of sight, it's out of mind.  I see it in the morning when I'm getting ready and I think, "I shall go down right now and get the Hoover."  Then I get downstairs and get my coffee and start chatting with my sister on the computer and doing laundry and emptying the dishwasher and helping with homework, and the next thing you know I am going into the bathroom to brush my teeth before bed and I see it.  Again.  Now Preschooler D is sleeping and I am getting ready for bed and I think, "Well.  Okay.  That's the FIRST thing I will get to tomorrow."

I do admire my optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment