Thursday, December 1, 2011

Decorating Tyrant Retires

My sister Cyberspace Sarah will testify that I used to really have a thing about having Christmas decorations be "just so."  There was great ceremony to the order and routine of holiday display.

I let Preschooler D do most of the decorating of a tree we put up in the kitchen this year.  I don't know.  I like it.

It says, "Put things where you can reach."


It says, "Too much is never enough at holiday time."


It says, "No one looks at that side anyway.  Why get shook up about even distribution."


Cyberspace is probably scarred because I would rearrange her decorations after she'd gone to bed, but I think the Christmas tyrant in me has retired.  I'm leaving this tree as is.

1 comment:

  1. I don't actually remember you waiting til I went to bed. I remember it being right in front of me.

    I think I'm more scarred from a lifetime of no Christmas angel.

    ReplyDelete