Wednesday, December 7, 2011

And now a word from Grandma . . .

Okay, not really Grandma, but can anyone explain to me why Justin Bieber needs to belt his pants below his butt? Go Google it.  I'm not putting a picture of his butt on my blog.

Look, I am a teen of the 80s.  I understand that pop celebrities need to express themselves through fashion.  I know Michael Jackson's glove or Madonna's underwear or Prince's purple platforms.  It was all odd, but they were pop stars so it was odd/cool, but Justin's pants are simply impractical.  I watched him perform on the Today show.  He spent the whole time while he sang pulling up his pants and pulling down his sweater in the back.  I watched him on a Michael Buble special last night and he had to -- literally -- waddle on to the stage.

I don't get it.

Oh . . . what goes around comes around.  When I was in sixth grade, my uncle wrote a column on how strange he found Michael Jackson.  I got all fired up and wrote to the paper, "How can you print this?  I've heard JT sing!!"

They printed my letter.  In his next column, my uncle referred to me as a "whipper snapper."

Great.  Now I'm going to start calling kids "whipper snappers."  Where's this guy when I need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment