Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

So far this Labor Day, I have done 2 loads of laundry, emptied and filled the dishwasher,  made popcorn, made grilled cheese, broken up countless brother fights and I'm about to head out to the lawn with Brent to pick up sticks.

Why do they call it Labor Day again?  Brent actually went to work.

My main goal today is to keep things calm and peaceful as "we" anticipate getting on the bus tomorrow.  I think like all first days of school for most people, once the deed is done, he'll be fine.  Older brother Jeremy called today to give him a good pep talk.  Jeremy has to go back to school tomorrow as a music teacher, so maybe he needed one just as well as Colin did.  They are pretty good at lifting one another's spirits despite the age difference.

I am excited for Colin and even though they can barely speak to each other today, I am positive Daniel will miss him around too.

Change is good.  Change is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment