Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mid-life Hair Crisis

Like many women past the age of (cough, cough) 40, I am having a mid-life hair crisis.  I would like to grow my hair out a bit -- to pretend I'm 20 or something?  I have no idea.  For whatever reason, I have the urge.

The problem is my hair has only been of any serious length three times in my life.  Once when I was in 5th grade.  Once when I was in high school and somewhere between the ages of 20-23.  All other times in my life -- short.  Now that my hair has reached my ears I am remembering why this is.  I have bad long hair. Bad. It has just enough curl to be odd looking, not cute.  It has dried out even with regular hair trims and is so  full of conditioning hair product it looks wimpy and straggly no matter what I do.  It's sticking out where it shouldn't.  It's laying down where it shouldn't.  I just don't know.  I just do not know.

I know what you're saying.  You are very sweet.  You are saying, "Mary Lisa, it cannot possibly be this bad.  Live the dream.  Stick it out.  It's all in your head."  You are a faithful friend and that's why I keep you around.  I briefly thought about taking a picture today so you could see the truth, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  It is that bad.  But I am going to tough it out for a few more weeks -- see if you're right,  Maybe I'm just in an awkward stage.

Besides, I may need the Samson-esque power to kill the mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment