Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's All About the Water

I think we've talked before about festival time in a small town.  Ours is this weekend.  It's the 10th anniversary of the year Brent was the president or "Admiral" of the festival.  Part of me wants to tell you we are celebrating by hiding in another town -- but we would never do that.  No, tonight Big Daddy goes to coronation rehearsal practice and I have received scripts for the two parades I will help announce.  It's sort of like the Hotel California.  "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Anyway, one thing I forget until we are in the middle of it, is that this weekend brings visitors - the kind that stays and the kind that drops by.  Both are fine and perfectly welcome, but I forget that this happens and so today I have been running around trying to clean things up a bit.  We get maybe five unannounced visitors a year.  There have been five today alone.

Now, is it just me?  I will have spent the day running around tidying up the house entertaining in the midst of this cleaning chaos and now no one else will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment