Friday, May 21, 2010

Shelby, Queen of Norway

Shelby, my s'daughter, was the local Sons of Norway Queen a few years ago. (Yes, there really is such a thing. My community is very proud of its ethnic heritage and flies Scandinavian flags mixed in with US flags on our little Main Street.) I took to calling her Shelby, Queen of Norway. This amused me a lot, especially when I was a parade announcer at our local water festival and announced her as the Queen of Norway as she rode down the street in her convertible. I thought it was hysterical, but I think the poor innocent people just trying to watch the parade grew tired of me by the end.

Anyway . . . as you know, she has spent the semester in Norway but is on her way home today. Thankfully Eyjafjallajokull volcano (Yes, that's really its name.) is quiet, so it looks like her airplane will be on time. While Big Daddy and I road trip to the airport, why don't you take an opportunity to catch up on her adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I realized the other day that it makes her my s'niece, and that cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete