Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pity Party

It happens every time. Every time. EVERY time. Every time I try to throw myself a big tragic pity party to show how spoiled I am . . .

I just got home from a big cruise with my handsome husband where I had massages and a mud bath and sunshiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Now I'm hooooooooooome.

And it's cooooooooooold.

And I have to do laundrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

And empty the diiiiiiiishwaaaaaaaaaaaaasher.

And now I have NOTHING to look forward to.

And we spent aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the money.

Poor meeeeeeeeeeee!!


. . . I get a letter from one of the children we sponsor through Compassion International.

Dear loving aunt,

I have received your birthday gift ($20). I used it to buy kitchen utensils. I pray that God will bless you more and more, and I always pray for you and your family.

With much love

Pray for my soul, kid. Pray for my soul.

3 comments:

  1. ML, God has a way of setting things right. That said, it's okay to feel a little sorry for yourself. That must have been quite a jolt. What makes it hard is the lack of transition. One minute you're on a ship. The next, in the middle of a pile of laundry. I trust you'll find your way back into the joys of this life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just had a pity party the other day...you are entitled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh isn't God's timing interesting, perfect---but interesting :)I always seem to get a prayer request just as I get into that "why me?" and thank God I get 'em cause if not......oh I don't even want to know! I always say it's more of a blessing to be on the prayer chain than a burden, I need a lot of reminders to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete