Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cruising and Crafting

So we were on a Princess cruise because, I don't know about you, but I'm spending my anniversary on the Love Boat. (They have a TV channel dedicated to Love Boat reruns. Fabulous!) Every morning Brent and I ate a little continental breakfast in our room while enjoying the morning show starring our overenthusiastic cruise director Dan from Australia and his Welsh assistant Sammy. It takes a very specific personality to be a cruise director and there is no way I would have qualified. They are all in their late twenties and abounding in energy from 6 a.m. walk around the deck (not that I was ever there) to 10 am trivia to 4 pm bingo to 11 pm beach party.

Bless their hearts they may well be on drugs. I don't know how anyone could be that fresh and perky all of the time.

Anyway, one day I managed to get my answer to the morning show trivia question down to the box in time and won this:

That's right. It's a needlepoint eyeglass case. Do you remember when I tried to sew the apron? Well, needle work is really my downfall. I love those little kits. I just never ever finish them and a while ago I quit trying.

Well, I was tired of my autobiography "Here's the Story" by Maureen McCormick. She makes out with Barry/Greg; she gets hooked on cocaine and can't get work; blah, blah, blah. (A big shout out to her though. She's a Minnesotan by marriage, and she likes to hang out on Lake Vermilion. Not particularly Hollywood of her.) So I started the project and . . . drum roll . . . am over half finished. Over half finished with that hard part in the middle.

I have hope for this one. Keep pestering me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment