Sunday, October 12, 2008

For Leigha DVT

I had a request this morning for the recipe I wrote about earlier on my blog from Jeremy J. He was at our house last week and a great time was had by all. I guess I shouldn't speak for him. Brent and I had a great time. Jeremy J is a bit of a foodie, and he brought dessert which was this terrific berry sauce over cheesecake. I haven't made it, but I did eat it and enjoyed it tremendously:

2 pints blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1/4 cup water

In small sauce pan, add the blackberries, sugar, and cornstarch and toss together. Add in the rosemary, lemon juice, and water.Cook on medium low heat for about 15-20 minutes until the fruit breaks down and the liquids thicken. Strain out the solids and cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment