Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Marking the Ornaments

Some years I put the Christmas ornaments away with more care and organization than others.  This year Brent and  I have terrible colds.  I'm souped up on TheraFlu, so I'm not really sure what's going on.  One year my mother-in-law made some comment about marking things in case she died that year.  I don't remember exactly what she said, but it drew eye rolling and heavy sighing from all family members.  She was in no more danger of dying that year than anyone else.

Keeping track of several Caring Bridge sites this year and the death of my college friend's husband this fall reminds me that every Christmas, every year, every day brings change.  We don't know how next year will be different than the last.

So . . . it feels a little morbid and I creep my own self out, but it is important to me to take the time to mark and put away the kids' ornaments because I think the only one who knows for sure whose ornament  is whose is me.

Here's Colin's ornament from his Aunt Cyberspace Sarah this year.  I've just noticed.  It's got that horrid song about spring being late on it.


No! I told you I am souped up on cold medicine!!  Marshmallow World is the horrid song about spring being late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment