Monday, July 18, 2011

PandaMania

Oh, friends and loved ones, what a week.


That's me at the beginning of the week, all fresh and lovely.  There are no photos of me at the end of the week, exhausted and drained looking.  I have a love/hate relationship with Vacation Bible School.  I'm up there, jumping around like a cheerleader reassuring myself that it's all worth it.  Then, I get done and a little voice in my head says, "You are an idiot and everyone knows it."  I am sure you have never heard a little voice like that, but I have.  If I could just slap that little voice, I certainly would. Maybe the little voice keeps me humble . . . or something.  I don't know.  I just want to slap it.

At any rate, we had 225 kids who sang and danced and ate cupcakes shaped like pandas.  If they're anything like D, they are still singing and dancing around the house today.  That idea makes it worth it to me -- that they are still feeling the joy today.

Excuse me while I go smack my little voice . . .