Monday, February 21, 2011

Yet More Winter

It is snowing and blowing.  The sidewalk from last week's picture is gone again.  I am trying to maintain my sense of humor and good mental health . . . but even the crazy friends are sick of listening to me whine.  Here is just a sample of what I heard in church yesterday when I tried to answer the question, "How are you?" honestly:

"It's only February.  What did you expect?!"


"The snow will melt."


"We leave for Mexico tonight!!!"


"We leave for Florida next week!"


"Ha! Ha!  Not seriously.  You should try snowshoeing. I LOVE snowshoeing!!"

And my favorite:

"Do you think he's too comfortable in his diaper?  Have you tried just putting him in underwear so he can feel how it feels when it's wet?"

Yes.  Yes, I have.

Then I talked to my dad on the phone.  They are in Alabama or Florida or . . . who knows . . . they were somewhere next to the pool.

"I hear it's snowing again.  Guess I won't tell you it's sunny and 70 here.  That would make you feel bad.  Hee, hee, hee."


My own father.

1 comment: