- Can your child follow simple one word instructions?
- Can he stay dry for two hours?
- Can he walk to the bathroom?
- Is he generally cooperative?
To those questions we can answer a definite "Yes!" But I have a few more to add:
- In the middle of a Caribou coffee date, does your child say, "I need to go to the bathroom. I need my diaper changed."
- Can your child take a bag containing a dirty diaper, unlock the back porch door and set it by the back door?
- After being forced to sit on the potty for "5 minutes," does your child look up at the clock and say, "Mommy, it's been five minutes."
Since our holiday schedule is still a little off what we normally do, I am going to wait until next week. Next week. When D turns four. That's right. Four.