Friday, February 5, 2010

The Stepmother-in-law

Earlier this week beloved s'on told us that he had become engaged to Rachel (We won't even pretend that's not her name anymore. Now that she has a ring, she's stuck by name in my blog.) This will make Brent a father-in-law and me . . . a stepmother-in-law. My goodness, what a mouthful.

What, exactly, does a stepmother-in-law do? What role does she take? Some people have great relationships with their mothers-in-law. You hear them say, "My mother-in-law is like a second mother to me." But have you ever heard, "I am incredibly close to my father-in-law's wife?" No. You haven't. There must be lots of us out there, but what are we doing with ourselves?

Just when I thought I was running out of things to worry about. Ohhhh.

(Wait. Is is possible this engagement isn't about me?)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You will be the best Stepmother-in-law ever!

    ReplyDelete