Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Poem for Tuesday

In honor of my Lenten vow to get up earlier, here's a little something I wrote myself.

Ode to Fat Tuesday
Mary Lisa Cochran

I love you, my bed.
I love you, I do.
Your pillows are soft.
Your sheets are light blue.

I love you, my bed.
You're a friend tried and true.
You're there when I'm tired,
Or when I have the flu!

Alas! Alas!
The day goes by.
My family is up
While still here I lie!

Alas! Alas!
Proverbs 31:15
Screams into my ears
While still here I dream!

And so, my bed,
We must depart.
Yet this you shall know:
You are first in my heart.

(I didn't say it was going to be a good poem.)


2 comments:

  1. Your poem was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered if there was someone else ... :)

    ReplyDelete