Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Path

There's a path through the unpacking chaos. I think it's going pretty well. Preschooler D and I have been to ECFE and on a coffee date. Brent has stopped moaning when he comes from his office. Colin rode the bus this morning without having to be dragged kicking and screaming. We are adjusting back to our regular routine.

I've been thinking about the quote, "No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just returned from one." Isn't this true? I made myself take down all the Christmas decorations before we left because I knew I would not want to come home from vacation and have that to do too. It was sort of a pain at the time, but I am certainly glad I did it now.

This weekend s'daughter Shelby will be leaving us to spend some time with her mom before she heads to her semester in Norway. I am so excited for her, but I imagine -- after all the excitement of the past month -- it's going to be really quiet here next week.

I am sad, and I am glad.

Maybe I'll use the extra quiet time to start planning our next big vacation. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment