Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Noodle vs. Sad Noodle

If you're a mommy or daddy who listens to XM radio, you may know the song "Happy Noodle vs. Sad Noodle" which is just a silly song about two pieces of pasta having an argument. I love it because of its goofy refrain -- but I can see where some might find it really annoying.

Anyway . . . that was the first song that popped into my head this morning while I had a little argument with my optimistic and pessimistic selves. Pessimistic me is a little grumpy there is a big cold snap here in Florida. There was an item on the news last night instructing people how to cover their plants. That is a job given to every Minnesota junior higher. "Go out and cover the mums. We can get a couple of more days out of them." In Florida, you can run out and buy a special plant covering material in an emergency such as this. I just use an old curtain. Of course the only thing I can hope to save from the freezing cold is that one pot of mums, not an entire lawn of landscaping.

Pessimistic me is mad because I pride myself on proper travel planning and I packed completely and totally wrong for this kind of weather. All those shorts and cropped pants have stayed right in the suitcase and the two pair of jeans we all wore down here have all ready been washed once and will need to be again along with our two long sleeved shirts.

Optimistic me would very much like to remind pessimistic me that even at a high of 53 degrees in Central Florida, there is a good 60-70 degree difference from the cold snap they are having in Minnesota right now.

So, just put your stinkin' sweatshirt on, pessimistic me, and go watch a killer whale today.

1 comment:

  1. uh huh - that's the attitude! Even in the house it is cold enough to dress in layers back here in MN. But hey! Smile at a palm tree for me and enjoy the fresh citrus!

    ReplyDelete