Monday, June 22, 2009

What I don't say.

Friends and loved ones, you know we deal with autism spectrum disorder at our house. I don't write about it here unless I become really irritated because . . . oh, I don't know why. Maybe because I like to go for the cheap laugh and autism isn't often very funny.

For as high functioning as Colin is, I was reminded how difficult his personal issues can be during this weekend's thunderstorm. Colin's not a big fan of sudden noises and lights, like thunder and lightning. During a break in the rainstorm madness, I was reading a blog written by Andrea who writes beautifully and honestly about autism in her house. (Plus she has a separate traveling blog and she states she a "wannabe librarian." Me too!! How fabulous is that?) I just loved it. Take a peek and trust that just because I don't write about it much doesn't mean I don't understand exactly what she's feeling.

Autism Unplugged

No comments:

Post a Comment