Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lace up my Chuck Taylors and call me Rockii

What is it about the junior high years that leave us permanently scarred? Maybe it's just me.

Last night I was in a situation where I was singing with two other -- adult -- women who were laughing and whispering while I stood to the side like the mousy haired, big glasses wearing 7th grade geek I know I am in my heart of hearts -- listening to the Beatles and The Clash while everyone else worships Madonna. I left the room in tears. Honestly now. Will I not be 38 on my next birthday? Am I not married to a nice man? Do I not sport trendy jeans and a chic-chic purse (albeit a gift from my much trendier sister)? Yes. Yes. Yes.

So what's the deal? Pull it together. Buck up, girl. Next time I shall stride in with my head high humming "London's Burning" for the world to hear. Let them have their little secrets.

. . . we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment