Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Once more with feeling

It snowed today which inspired me to begin my yearly piano practice of "In the Bleak Midwinter." I love that song, ". . . snow on snow on snow." When you live in Minnesota that really means something, doesn't it?

My piano playing leaves a lot to be desired so it really adds to the overall mood of "In the Bleak Midwinter." It's my goal to one day play a piano piece in public. I don't think anyone should really be listening. Perhaps I am at the mall or background music at the party or the pre-pre-pre prelude, but it's definitely on my list of things to accomplish. Be sure to be on the lookout for a nervous looking late 30 something playing a depressing song about never ending winter. If you love me at all, you'll walk on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment