Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mother of the Year

I am afraid Family Court Services is going to come after me. Baby D has had a series of unrelated accidents which clearly would not win me mother of the year. Monday we were on our way to the grocery store to buy many groceries for our Thanksgiving party and I left my travel mug of coffee on the bottom step. BD decided he would like a drink. The coffee wasn't hot-hot, but it was warm and we had to have a very quick change of clothes. At the store, I had BD buckled into the cart but he still tried to make flying leaps over the side causing grandma-types to gasp loudly. I walked with one hand hold of his pants. Makes it very difficult to shop. Later that afternoon we started to crawl upstairs. I think I was still unpacking groceries. I wasn't that far behind him, but it was long enough because by the time I reached him, he had disassembled a night light and had a long scratch across his cheek about a quarter inch from his eye. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment