Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An Old Tortoise and Dead Presidents

Well, now I can tell you, we went to see these guys.


Now, you just go ahead and be as cynical and jaded as you like, but some guy took the time to figure out how to carve the likeness of presidents into the side of the mountain.  Here D and I are getting a closer look.


They're just big.  Some guys hung themselves from the side of this cliff and carved out the presidents.

Another highlight of the trip for me was visiting the tortoises at Reptile Gardens.  When I was D's age, you could ride them.  They don't allow that today. Why must the fun be stripped out of every animal event?  (See our trip to the circus.)


You know I'm kidding, right?  Although, D immediately saw how a guy could ride it if he wanted.  He was getting ready to saddle up when Brent and I peeled him off before the tortoise guard noticed.

I think the tortoise remembered me.