Thursday, November 4, 2010

Writer's Block Friday on Thursday

Blah, blah, blah . . .

Preschooler D's (PD) mouth is healing nicely, thank you for asking.  He is very cranky though.  He has not slept well all week.  I wouldn't have either, had I been him.  It was pretty nasty.  It looks much better and it smells fine.  NP Beth told us to beware of nasty smells.  Ew. Let's not think about it.

I filled out PD's preschool forms yesterday for next fall.  I have FULL confidence that he will be potty trained by then.  That's the goal anyway.  Only 10 months left.

I bet PD is the only one with a 25 year-old brother as an emergency contact. (Shelby, I listed him because perhaps you will be living in New York City next fall.  Who knows?  I am counting on Rachel to take quick, decisive action in case of emergency.  Well, actually I am counting on me, your dad or one of the grandparents getting called first.)

The dog's remote was lost briefly, and it's as if he knew it.  "Yap, yap, yap!  I must protect you from the ferocious squirrel! Bark, bark, bark!  I must now race around the house as though I have seen the bunny at Gulf Greyhound Park!  Yip, yip, yip!"  I tried putting the collar on anyway to psych him out, but he knew I couldn't deliver.  I laughed a triumphant laugh when I found it in the secret place PD had hidden it. Bra-ha-ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment