Thursday, November 6, 2008

Half Birthday

It was my half birthday last week and I think I am starting to have a 40 meltdown. I didn't think I would. I am a busy at-home mom. I don't really have time for a crisis and yet . . . This morning while watching an old West Wing I start crying. Where is my high profile West Wing job? Where is my Emmy nominated performance? Where is my Latino President-elect husband? I mean no offense to Big Daddy Brent. He is all the high powered white boy CEO I'll ever need and the very suggester of the topic of this blog, but this is my point: The rational part of my brain which sees full well that my life is as it should be seems to be shutting down a little bit. This makes me nervous. What do women do when they have a mid-life crisis? Have another baby? Not for me. Shiny sports car? No room for the kids. Run off next week to Disney World on a Chick Trip? Well . . . hee hee. Maybe that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment