Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shoot! I took physics!

Tomorrow I resume my role as leader of what an old school gal like me likes to call Vacation Bible School "opening and closing exercises." That's not what it's called, of course. It's called "Sonic Sing and Play" and "Faith Fusion Finale" to go along with the science lab theme of the week.

Am I nervous? -- Does a bear poop in the woods? Is the Pope Catholic? Do stupid humans get out of their cars and run up to wild animals in Yellowstone National Park. Yes, yes, yes and YES!

Here's why: I have no trouble leading the estimated 300 children in a time of excited and amped up worship while wearing a lab coat and my Chuck Taylors, but at the end of the day, I have to do a science experiment. It involves dry ice and Dawn dish washing liquid and NO practice ahead of time. I like to practice. I like to know what I'm doing. I like control. Tomorrow's theme is thankfulness and if the experiment works, I will be shouting out my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment