Friday, July 25, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

You know that part in "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" where the singer sings, "And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again." (I think I already wrote a blog on this.) I'm ready for school to start again. I ADORE my children. I love to be with them. Summer is just a little too unstructured for our ilk. We don't know what to do with ourselves. We are starting to be a little sick of one another.

Right now Colin is watching programming aimed at the 3-5 year old set and Baby D is emptying Colin's golf bag of the balls which are now rolling all over the kitchen. The golf bag is in the kitchen because Colin and I had a show down over piano practice. Apparently guys who are going into 4th grade don't practice. Guess again. It is 4:45 and I am trying to think of something to serve for dinner besides chicken . . . again.

We need the lovely rhythm and order of a school day. We know what to do. We know what is expected of us. Of course, once school starts, it's only a matter of time until winter . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment