Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Baby

It's my anniversary today. Fourteen years, thank you for asking. It's a little low key tonight. I have been to and returned from Beth Moore Bible study. Brent has loaded the dishwasher. It's not that we aren't into celebrating our anniversary. I think this just wasn't the year for it. Next year, we have already planned a cruise to celebrate 15 years, as well as two milestone birthdays. (Ours, of course, not just anyone's milestone birthday.) My Bible study neighbor wrote "Happy Anniversary" in my book. That was nice. I don't think I need to cut it out and file it away as a precious keepsake though.

I wanted to get married on Valentine's Day, but I just knew in my heart of hearts that in future years it would be too gaggy, and I think I was right. Valentine's Day has always been a bit iffy with me anyway. I much prefer the 15th when all the Valentine's chocolates go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment