Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm so Rhapsody in Blue

It's my life dream to play "Rhapsody in Blue" on the piano. I have a simplified version that I've been working on for about a year. (Obviously, the new baby has really cut into my piano rehearsal.) I can play it all right, but I want to play it without stopping -- play it without stumbling -- be brave enough to play it in front of somebody . . . anybody. Brent has heard me, and I think so has beloved stepchild S, but she's very supportive.

I'm not very good at finishing things, so I don't hold out much hope this will ever happen. My basement storage is full of plastic containers of cast off craft projects -- counted cross stitch, Christmas ornaments, a quilt. My favorite is a sampler I pull out periodically. It was a wedding gift. It says so far, "I am my beloved's and he is mine. --erta and Neil." I'm thinking they've been married seven or eight years now. I should probably think about another gift for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment