Monday, August 27, 2007

He's my handy man

Repair Guy was here this morning. I didn't even see him. He was in, got something from his truck and was done. "Yeah, sounds like a burnt out overload switch," he told Brent. My husband, who I know in his heart of hearts is truly home repair inclined, replied that if he'd only known he would have gotten the one off his work bench.

We are getting ready to pack up for the big cross state trip. What is it about getting ready to go on vacation? The work very nearly cancels out any fun that might be had. There's all that laundry and deciding what the weather will be like, making sure you have enough reading material, baby stuff, baby stuff, baby stuff.

Ah, but for me, it's all forgotten the moment the car starts -- the moment I turn onto the freeway and gaze at the Great Plain before me. All that open road. All those places to go. All those car snacks to eat and magazines to be read.

So little time.

1 comment:

  1. mmm...travel snacks. i gained 2 pounds in jelly bellies whilst on my trip.

    ReplyDelete